Tech Stuff & Other Junk

This site contains random links, random thoughts about useless stuff and anything else I happen to find on the internet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States
Google
 
Web This Blog

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Best Buy's geek squad sued for using pirated software

A federal judge has granted a request by winternals software for a temporary restraining order requiring that the Best Buy Geek Squad immediately stop using and pirating unlicensed versions of Winternals' copyrighted software. Winternals makes systems tools and data recovery software. This is just a nothing black eye for this worthless geek squad. Now I know that there are computer savvy people who work for the geek squad. My question is why? Most of them at the best buys in my area don't know much once they reach the bottom of there corporate designed technical flow chart. It is embarrassing for me as an IT professional with almost twenty years of computer experience under my belt to deal with some of this people. For the most part their fix seems to be format and reload. Which is fine as long as the owner of the computer know about it and gives permission. I have heard about a lot of family pictures and such being lost forever. I really hope winterals wins this case because it would cost best buy a nice chuck of change. Maybe then they would take a close look at this thing call geek squad and clean it up.

Link to court document

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately the 20 years of IT experience hasn't done much in the improvement of your grammar and spelling.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 4:07:00 PM  
Blogger Blackscorpion said...

It's a blog. I will write any way I like. If I wanted an english lesson from you I would have asked.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home